Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences and Research
THE OXFORD DENTAL COLLEGES’ DENTAL CLINIC AT THE SRI JAYDEVA INSTITUTE OF CARDIOVASCULAR SCIENCES & RESEARCH.
The Sri Jaydeva Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences & Research is a premier, tertiary level, super-speciality hospital for dedicated cardiac care. The dental clinic started functioning on 01.03.2011. It is staffed by one full time dental officer who is an oral & Maxillofacial surgeon, one full time Prosthodontist & endodontist, &, need based on call consultants from all other clinical departments. PG students, 3 each a day on rotation, from all departments complements the staff in the discharge of patient care.
The clinic offers comprehensive dental care to all the inpatients & out patients of SRI JAYDEVA INSTITUTE OF CARDIOVASCULAR SCIENCES & RESEARCH. The first dental college in the country to be tied up with a dedicated cardiac care centre, it is opening up new avenues in patient care & research.
Situated in the ground floor of the new OPD block, it has a floor area of 500Sq.ft. It has 2 fully automated, state of the art dental chairs and an entire complement of the latest supportive equipment’s, including RVG, patient management software &sterilisation techniques.
- TO PROVIDE SUPER SPECIALITY DENTAL CARE TO THE PATIENTS AT SJICRC, AT NOMINAL RATES, THUS REDUCING THE NEED TO HOP FROM ONE HEALTH CARE CENTRE TO ANOTHER.
- TO ESTABLISH & IMPLEMENT MODES OF DENTAL TREATMENT WITHOUT CESSATION OF ANTIPLATELET DRUGS.
- TO PREVENT INFECTIVE ENDOCARDITIS CAUSED FROM ORAL BACTERIAL FLORA
- MONTHLY REVISIT OF PATIENT TO BE TIED UP WITH DENTAL CHECK UP TO ESTABLISH PRIMARY PREVENTION FROM DENTAL DISEASE.
- TO PROVIDE CARE FOR NONAMBULATORY PATIENTS & PATIENTS WITH CRITICAL CARDIAC PROBLEMS WITHIN A HOSPITAL SET UP.
- Pre operative oral prophylaxis & comprehensive dental care for patients due to undergo a cardiac procedure.
- Interventional dental care, in patients with cardiac disease who find it tough to get treatment at dental care centres.
- Preventive dentistry in patients with valvular disease to reduce the incidence of infective endocarditis.
- Rehabilitation services to patients with lost dentition, to increase nutrition levels to fasten convalescence.
- Dental care to patients on antiplatelet drugs in whom bleeding is an everpresent danger.
- Patients who are unstable & require dental treatment in a hospital set up.
STRUCTURE & ORGANISATION
The clinic is run by the staff & post-graduate students from The Oxford Dental College & Hospital
- Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial surgeon
- Consultant Endodontist: 1 staff member from the dept of Conservative Dentistry &endodontics is posted on rotation. The posting is for a duration of 2 weeks.
- Consultant Prosthodontist: from the dept of prosthodontics, is posted at the clinic on Wednesdays & Saturdays.
Post graduate students, from all the departments of The Oxford Dental College & Hospital, are posted on rotation, 3 students at a time on a day.